The original club was formed in 1884, but was dissolved in 1912 after 28 years. In 2006 the club was revived and the principal 19th Century objectives applied to the new society. High quality fieldtrips and lectures are organised with active participation in personal research projects. The Society’s Proceedings are published biannually. The Society holds two lectures annually which are held in the Wills Memorial Building, University of Bristol, Queens Road, Bristol, 8.