The AGM will be followed by a talk by our Chairman Bill Martin.
Originally a monastic foundation begun by Maurice de Gaunt in 1220, the church was essentially complete by circa 1230. His nephew, Robert de Gournay, later developed the site into the Gaunt’s Hospital. Following the Reformation it was purchased by Bristol Corporation in 1541 for £1,000. From 1687 until 1722 it became a Huguenot chapel before assuming the role of the official Corporation church. Famously it is still the only church in England owned and used for worship by a local authority.