The lively, friendly society for everyone interested in the archaeology and history of Bristol and its surrounding area.
- A regular programme of lectures from September to May by expert speakers on aspects of archaeology at home and abroad. Meetings are held on Wednesday evenings in The Apostle Room, Clifton Cathedral, Pembroke Road, Bristol, BS8 3BX
- Social events, guided walks and summer field trips.
- A twice yearly Bulletin giving news of local archaeological events and excavations.
- An annual fully illustrated journal "Bristol and Avon Archaeology" free to all members.
- Free borrowing rights from UOB Arts & Social Library.
The Leslie Grinsell Fund
Bristol and Avon Archaeological Society offers small grants to members carrying out archaeological work within the geographical area of Bristol and its environs.
The grant aims to support research and promote the public awareness and understanding of archaeology in the Bristol area.
The grant must be spent on the project as described in the application form and must be acknowledged on all appropriate occasions. The form of the acknowledgement will be “Supported by the Leslie Grinsell Fund of the Bristol & Avon Archaeological Society”.
Payment of the grant will be dependent upon the receipt of invoices or receipts paid to carry out the agreed work. A brief report (maximum 200 words) must be submitted in electronic form that is suitable for general readership and publication in the Society’s Bulletin. Accompanying illustrations can be included.
Please send the completed application form to:
Hon Secretary BAAS,
Dr. G. Dorey,
14 Goldney Road,
Bristol, BS8 4RB
The grant application will be considered at the next appropriate Committee Meeting and the applicant will be informed by email.
Any queries regarding the grant and/or the application form, please email the Hon. Secretary at email@example.com